Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring in Minnesota!

So who but a parent would stand outside on May 1 with temps at 34 degrees, wind from Lake Minnetonka and mud beneath our feet! 13 years ago today Ross and I were in Italy trying to call Chris to see if he got engaged yet - before cell phones, with a phone and phone card we did not understand - he did it - at the C'mon Inn in Grand Forks no less and I think with rose petals leading the way! Today we stand in the brrrrrrr with Amy, Alex and Lucy waiting for him to cross the finish line of the Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon - high temp today 42, average 64.



Then again, we have much more than the weather to be thankful for. One is that I was able to order the earmuffs I lost recently which Jenny gave me when she was in college - long time ago!
Sweet little Alex waited and watched so patiently to see his Dad round the bend - never moved, kept his eyes on the path! I always call him Little Chris. As a little aside, I just read President Obama reads Harry Potter books to his daughters at bedtime - Chris is doing just that with Alex....hopefully no presidential aspirations...no, no, no, no...only aspiring to be a good Dad.




OK so I admit that I was OBSESSED with the Royal Wedding as was Ross - he got up at 3am and I got up at 5am to watch BBC America and it was worth every minute. I also visited the Minneapolis Institute of Arts Art in Bloom annual show and I could not help but compare this floral arrangement with some of the hats at the wedding - I mean, really!!!




Looking forward to a family wedding on Friday - brother and nephew arriving from California and of course, fine tuning for Russia. Restrooms: "Many are crumbling...blue chemical toilets on the street have no wash basin and squat toilets are common in train stations and other public buildings".....been there done that, can do it again! "Avoid gypsy cabs, anyone in Russia can be a taxi driver, watch for pickpockets" - nothing new in that...recalling Barcelona. We will NOT be taking taxis. Learn to say "nyet" - means NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment