Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Burial Place of Choice" Novodevichiy Cemetery

Moscow cemetery is burial place of "prominent figures" - Nikita Kruschev - black and white as he was known to change change his mind - I love cemeteries - always have, always will. This is one the most interesting I have seen in the world. Like the rest of Moscow it is on a grand scale. Next one is a sculptor and a woman (nude, maybe his wife?)I like this military guy on the phone - next one is Boris Yeltsin in the colors of the Russian flag - it was huge - I don't know why this is blue and underlined!!!




Sports is big here - this is a soccer coach - next is Raisa Gorbachev (Mikhail's spouse) who died in Australia of leukemia - he honors her with a statue of her as a young woman - they had great love for each other - his is next to hers and very simple!
Below - love this one of the comedian and his dog.
A dancer/entertainer - the cemetery was divided into parts - military, entertainers and others.

Typical wall that contained ashes, pictures, memorabilia.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that is quite a cemetery! We also like visiting cemeteries - is that weird? We thought the one we saw in New Hampshire was unbelievable with its unusual granite tombstones (one with man and wife lying in bed), but this Russian one has it beat!

    ReplyDelete