Arrived in Moscow perfectly on time, no problems and there the young guy was with the "Dee Jones" paper being held up! He did not speak one word of English but was an excellent driver in the heavy Moscow traffic and after 20 hours of travel it was fine to be quiet for a while.
Who do we run into but Lenin - and I bet if he was still in power this little granny would not be decked out in purple!
It is a beautiful sunny day so after checking in to the hotel we walked to a nearby bank and got 10,000 rubles, found our restaurant for dinner tonight - it was NOT where it should have been so I walked in a little cafe and showed them my paper and the waitress came right out and walked us around the corner to where it was - we have again been treated lovely. This is a park near the Kremlin...love the water spouts.
OK - everyone is always curious about the hotels. This is it in Moscow and this is a 4-star - of course not like our 4 stars but perfectly comfortable with free breakfast and wifi.


More pictures of the beautiful park and the blue sky - I thought it would be smoggy and dirty but not a bit.
Yup - they are everywhere - the Golden Arches and spelled in Russian! OK - enough for today - going to open my 809 ruble bottle of wine (I thought I was getting the 299 ruble one so it better be good!) Quote of the Day: Fine lines are a sign of life lived with joy! ( or possibly of being up 24 hours.)
No comments:
Post a Comment