Why Zagreb? I'm so interested in world history (wish that was true when I was a young kid!!). It is a very old city with past rulers from all over the world but I do remember it being in Yogoslavia. It has only been the capitol of Croatia since 1991 and has undergone many rulers and wars. Apparently it is also on a fault line and had a devastating earthquake in 1880. Before the conflict of the 1990s there were many Serbs and many have not returned.
First stop - meet Maya our host at the apartment who is absolutely wonderful and has 3 kids. Her husband plays bass cello in the Zagreb Philharmonic. I only found this out because I told her we had tickets for a performance and she said he will be there and could have gotten us free tickets. Really, the great seats at the concert hall were only $12 per person!
Next stop - breakfast stuff and stock up on happy hour wine.
So we have reservations for dinner tonight at a well reviewed restaurant and could this be heading that way? We passed this on our way to get cash.View from our living room windows:
View from the kitchen of "center courtyard" and Maya apologized for this. Not her fault and we have seen similar in other lodgings.
Hmm - the building has an elevator but we have no clue what this says and since we are one floor up we took the stairs.
The living room and as usual in European rentals there is a lot of Ikea stuff. It is spotless, right in the center of the city and has everything we need.
So it is 9am at home and we have been up about 26 hours now and have a few more to go but doing good! Dobra Vecer! (Good evening in Croatian)
No comments:
Post a Comment