Our little "urban adventure" tour took us to an underground ammo bunker used during the war with long dark and watery tunnels - next that became a mushroom growing operation and now just an abandoned bunker that is not on regular tours:)
Marshal Tito was a former leader of Yugoslavia which was this area also. Much controversy and divided opinions over many leaders of Eastern Europe. He lived very highly with beautiful seaside and lakeside homes. His wife just died last year could not be buried next to him for some political and socialist reasons.Another view of the "terrace" of the abandoned Brestevac hospital where the tuberculosis patients relaxed and got some sun to heal - mostly they died as there was no cure.
Our 3rd night restaurant and I love the old pot and pan wall decor.
We had the reservations at 17:00 (5pm) before the Philharmonic concert and the next people were at 9pm. I need to make this note holder - easy peasy as Alex would say.
Yup - I don't understand why there is so much stupida** controversy over unisex bathrooms at home. This is typical in Europe and not a problem - USA get over it!!!
Day trip to Slovenia with 2 really fun young guys in their car. The guide and the driver and we were all laughing and telling "stories". This is in Slovenia, Ljubljana Castle - and I cannot pronounce either Croatian or Slovenian.
Lake Bled, Slovenia and we took this boat - with a rowing guy - to an island that has a church which came up from a glacier. I told them about Lake Aggasiz in Minnesota and yes, warming has been around a long long time but not as rapid as now.
Marshal Tito's "White House" during his reign - on Lake Bled and he held diplomatic dinners here.
Our guide Jurica (aka "George") - so fun.
Overlooking Lake Bled and what a beautiful sight to see.
City center Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Wonderful and highly recommended little coffee break cake!
The daily market had lots of meat things - it is a big meat eating country and this reminded me of the venison sausage I grew up with and we made at home and my brother still does. Jurica says his family has a motorized sausage stuffer when I told him about our hand operated one.
Downtown patrols in Ljubljana Slovenia
And back home at the end of the day to the Zagreb square that is less than 5 minutes from our apartment and the main tram route center. Very convenient!!!
Off to church and then "the most beautiful cemetery in Europe" and we are taking a city bus.
No comments:
Post a Comment