It's raining off and on and our grass is green and long - that's a good thing! I did go for a bike ride over to nearby Bush Lake Beach and this is our lovely lake less than a mile from our house and one of my favorite places.
We had kid duty a couple nights ago for a short time. Alex demonstrated his latest engineering project in their back yard - a rope swing! I can't even count how many rope swings I had in our farmyard growing up and we didn't get killed or injured on them either.
10 years ago Alex was one year old and enjoying his first ice cream on our deck - I see the love on his face and the "mmmmmmmm good" look. He is now entering middle school next fall and time does fly.
Two "fancy" rope swings and Alex and Lucy said they would be a little better if they had boards to sit on. Yes, that is correct!Back to Croatia - our last night we had dinner over looking the port on the Adriatic Sea and it was lovely.
The waiter had time to take our photo sitting outside and thank goodness I made reservations far ahead because within 30 minutes they were turning people away who had just walked up the hill to get there. I have learned ever so much from planning our own trips most of the time.
And Lucy's dance recital - she is 8 and quite the fierce entertainer and sweet as can be to boot.
Right before this she made it a point to tell me her scores on her math exams and she is a math star - I am not!
I again am enjoying our backyard and every year I intend to "cut back" on the planting but it's really hard because good deals pop up that are hard to resist.
We do have trips coming up in the next year or more! Next one is to Detroit Lakes next month for a great-nephew's wedding on a farm. Our summer is nearly fully scheduled but of course we have free time and are retired thank goodness. Next fall we go to Peru, Bolivia and Amazon cruise so I'm watching reports on the Zika virus and anything else that is happening in South America.
Portugal is on the menu for spring of 2017 as a girl trip and so far we have 5 with a maximum of 6 that will fit. Last night I was "studying" up on it and found that our lovely large apartment in Lisbon might not have an elevator. My friend and travel mate Linda tells me just call it a walkup! Hmmmm - looking up definition of walkup and it means "A building allowing access to the upper floors by stairs only". She says it's good for cardio which means you can eat more and have wine so I'm going with her idea! Cheers and Bon Appetit!
I still need to collect the Croatia travel stories and funny signs I saw - soon!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment