Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Winter's Tale!

I noticed that Shakespeare's "A Winter's Tale" is playing here - right now I don't like winter and not sure I will ever like Shakespeare (Sorry Will)! And I don't want to talk about our office project right now. This is the south side of our driveway - running out of places for the snow to be pushed.
Love this snowman - it's been there a few days and I finally remembered to bring my camera - right here in Bloomington on a very busy street. This is the biggest snowman I have ever seen. The building behind it is a large apartment building!
I have been getting my hometown newspaper, The Red Lake Falls Gazette, since my Mom died in April. Love the editorials. One guy is wintering in Tucson and is a good writer. Another lady's Theology in the Trenches is always interesting. This week's: "Criticism of others kills spirituality" - quoted Oswald Chambers. So as usual I must google to find out who this guy is. He was a Scottish Protestant Christian minister who volunteered to minister to Austrailian and New Zealand troops during WWI years in Cairo (I'm stilled glued to the events in Cairo) He died at age 43 in 1917 in Cairo from a ruptured appendix and he refused to take a hospital bed away from the troops! He had been married just a few years.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment