Another lovely day of exploring the city of Tucson. So nice to sit on the front porch of the Big Blue House and chat with whomever comes along.
This morning drove to Sabino Canyon in the Santa Catalina Mountains and took a tram tour then walked part of the way back. As you can see the sky is bluer than blue. Tucson is surrounded by 5 mountain ranges. Saguaro cacti can live to be 200 years old and don't grow "arms" until they are about 70.
Had to coerce Ross into taking a timed picture - doesn't he look as happy as "a pig in sh*t" - Ross told me I had to put it that way.This morning drove to Sabino Canyon in the Santa Catalina Mountains and took a tram tour then walked part of the way back. As you can see the sky is bluer than blue. Tucson is surrounded by 5 mountain ranges. Saguaro cacti can live to be 200 years old and don't grow "arms" until they are about 70.
I'm sure you saw TV coverage of the Gabi Gifford tragedy on January 8 - this is the Safeway - we rather happened on it and did a little grocery shopping, I got ice cream from Cold Stone Creamy in that center and it is a bit eerie that there is absolutely no evidence or remnants of the event - I thought there might be a memorial of some kind but it most likely has all been removed. Just am hearing on the news from her husband that he is able to have "conversations" with her and she understands - uses "chains of words" - Sunday in Tucson they had thousands of people in red t-shirts form a red heart to raise money for the victims.
We did go to St. Augustine Cathedral near us and I was quite taken (My Grandma Laura's term) by this statue - click to enlarge and check out the modern glasses. No identification of who it is but she's not alive.
Next: Going out to a highly rated Italian restaurant tonight - don't want to get burned out on Mexican food so early in the week. Got a loving Valentine card from Ross and I had warned him all day yesterday that I did not have one for him - how sweet it is!
What I see: There are a LOT of "spa ladies" here - they have to do the formal stretches before getting on the tram or walking on the canyon road - hmm - also sunhats to protect their most-likely lifted faces. As for me I put on a little sunscreen, put my face to the sun and wonder if I really should get a tattoo - or at least a temporary one:)

What I see: There are a LOT of "spa ladies" here - they have to do the formal stretches before getting on the tram or walking on the canyon road - hmm - also sunhats to protect their most-likely lifted faces. As for me I put on a little sunscreen, put my face to the sun and wonder if I really should get a tattoo - or at least a temporary one:)

No comments:
Post a Comment