Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Elders on the Road and "The Office" and Mom

"Organizer Amy" - not "my" Amy - arrived today to set up my little corner of my little world - it's so great. If anyone needs an organizer I got one for you! Now I just have to try it - but she did give me my basket of DAILY STUFF - she now knows that daily stuff most often involves travel and has allowed a moderately sized Daily Tray and 6 shelves while telling me: "Instead of 3 trips a year maybe you will take 6." - not a bad idea.

So....started the day attending a 4 hour AARP Driver Safety Refresher Course (gives us a 10% discount on auto insurance). It was taught by Bill, 89 years old and using a walker - I must admit I stereotyped him immediately thinking "Oh, for Pete's sake" - "What the heck?". I was probably the youngest person in the class at 63. Then I thought about my father-in-law Pete who lived to 100 and drove himself to his 100th birthday party at Club Lunch. The person behind me was also De Jones, the one next to me was 83 - believe me they tell you. Anyway, Bill was great! Smart, knew his stuff, operated the videos, kept the group on track (not easy)!

Office: My mom covered MANY boxes with Contact paper - they were decorated beautifully and I have two - one holding greeting cards and one holding her various felt markers - I am having a hard time giving these boxes up to the organizing/labeling/matching box scenario but I think now I can do it. I am sure, though, that these beautiful boxes will not go in the trash just yet.
On another topic - in 2009 we visited the Savannah GA where we saw Robert Redford directing a new movie called "The Conspirator" - I just read it is due out April 15. Quote from Robert: Family is chosen for you not by you. I liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment