Started the day at Agua Caliente (means hot water) Park aka "oasis in the desert" - very peaceful with a lake, a spring, ducks, palms and the mountains in the background. This is me and Indiana Jones and I have already been asked "where is my whip?"
Another view of the park.
Drove through less populated areas and took a picture of a typical house in the desert.
So - dangit - didn't get my ice cream cone today but did get a steak taco at La Salsa - a fast food Mexican grill - mmmmmmm good - they had about 10 types of salsas to put on it. Tonight we are off to Cafe Poca Cosa (means "little thing") for yet another Mexican - a little more upscale. Dinner last night was a splurge and not nearly as good as the taco today!
So far: Love the weather, the brilliant blue skies, orange trees, Mexican food, relaxed pace - on the other hand not sure how well I would like the desert for a length of time - lots of brown and I do like green and flowers - on the other hand what we have at home right now is lots of white!
Adios Amigos - more tomorrow.

So far: Love the weather, the brilliant blue skies, orange trees, Mexican food, relaxed pace - on the other hand not sure how well I would like the desert for a length of time - lots of brown and I do like green and flowers - on the other hand what we have at home right now is lots of white!
Adios Amigos - more tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment