Our 4 year old passports (good for 10 years) are full so we had to order new ones and decided to go with the "Big Book" with 46 blank pages instead of less than 20. We better hit the road more often I say!
I looked back at our first passports. Funny thing is we both got them in 1971 before we got married. I got mine to go on a girlfriend trip to Europe using Iceland Air $229 round trip with a brief stop in Reyjkavik and Rick Steves Europe on $5 a Day and we did it! Not luxuriously but the 3 girls did it!
Latest is you are not allowed to smile or wear glasses for your passport photo - seriously - this is hard for me to do as I am a giggler when stressed. We got married in 1972 and I thought I better get to Europe because "I'll never be able to do it again". Little did I know!
Yes I guess this year is the earliest October snowfall since October 2009 and we just happened to be visiting Charleston and Savannah and yes that is in the United States!!!
We changed our name to the FAB6 a few years ago and have been doing dinners together since 2009 and we take turns and it's so fun with of course excellent wine and food. This time was Mike and Janelle's turn to host. I started at Fairview in 1987 and she started in 1994 and it was an immediate young person/older person connection and is to this day! Donna started a few months after I did in 1988 and through nearly 20 years we sat in the office next to each other and chatted quietly!!!....a lot. The guys get along so well with a 20+ year age spread also. A few "sips" of good wine, a little limoncello, great food and carrot cake and it was a hit. Every day I feel blessed to have long term friends who are there for me whenever needed.
So I'm doing some new stuff. Took my first $15 art class at the Community Center which I previously called the "senior center". It was water color, drawing and fall leaves and I was the worst of 7 in the class of 3 guys, 4 women - all "seniors". But I got home and Ross said "that's really good" and I looked again and thought "not bad". His mother and my grandmother were both rather talented artists in oil, charcoal, water color and drawing and we have some of their works. So I have a goal and I signed up for 2 more classes!!!
Planning the next couple trips....going on a Rhine River cruise in June and we decided to go a few days early and stay in Haarlem, Netherlands so I booked a hotel and we plan to tour Haarlem and visit The Hague, Delft and whatever else we have time for. And to fill the chubby new passport book we might have to take 3 trips a years across the pond or maybe even into Canada!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment