Another lovely weather day in Paris and we met Ross' grade school friend and his partner at the oldest restaurant in Paris - Le Procope - where many famous people dined.
This morning visited a famous Catholic church around the corner Sainte-Sulpice, which is famous for the stained glass windows and of course organ concerts. So I might be at this concert with Mr. Ross tomorrow as he decides on Sunday's visits!What a beautiful church it is!
In 1743 the brass line was placed here identifying the Meridien Line for astronomical reasons to determine on what day Easter will fall. I guess I like art not science so I don't get it!
We stayed at inexpensive hotel in 1995 and now it looks a lot more costly!!!
Awesome to look up above the church on another lovely day.
This is the street of our apartment and I think I look like a white haired crabby old crone - probably just thinking "OK Ross just snap the picture":)
Our apartment door is bright blue and Ross is looking out from our apartment which is 1st floor in Europe and ground floor is Zero.
My plate at the restaurant and there was a small brass plaque by my seat for Denis Diderot who sat there - (1713-1784) -and was an "encyclopedist" or Chief Editor of Encyclopedie - probably the equivalent of Encyclopedia Brittanica or World Book in the USA.
Ross' friend Jon and us in our "booth"
And Jon and Philippe and we have seen them quite a few times in Paris as they live here. Jon is a world famous organist and so humble.
So tomorrow is Sunday and I will go to a church but I am also going shopping at the biggest department store in Paris as it is open on Sunday - while Ross probably goes to a couple more organ concerts.
No comments:
Post a Comment