It's almost Thanksgiving and our yard still has green grass - woohoo - I'm fine with that.
Hockey today - Alex's team won and the "little" Jones kids usually get the front row for photos as they have the family small genes! But they are fighters on the hockey rink!!!
12 years ago today and Alex was our first grandchild and we could do whatever we wanted to take a good photo - probably not so much now as he is in 7th grade!
Long life buddy Beth and unfortunately we are not in Venice in a gondola but at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts sitting on a bench with a great photo op in the background. This was after we visited an art exhibit much of which was Italian artists and it was fantastic.2017-2018 school pictures - dimples, braces, retainers, big smiles - gotta love it!
Alex 7th grade, Lucy 4th grade:
Rooke 5th grade - braces off - beautiful smile as always.
I lucked out this week with a couple Dee/Amy shopping days and this was at the store where I helped her choose new eyeglass frames and then got lunch and of course chattered away.
Next our annual trip to the Minnetonka General Store and they have a great cafe and the best and biggest popovers. Big question - why are they out of Necco Wafers (candy) ;so often? - my all time favorite since I was a small child. Good thing is I do know where to find them.
My big box find this week - a whole pile of fettucine noodles made in Italy for $8 - gotta love it and everything is good - I'm not going to advertise here though!
Next up - Beth's daughter Laura asked if I could teach her to make homemade pasta (or noodles as I call it) - so I did. And I guess they were fantastic and she says she will "never buy store bought again"! Funny thing is I remember when Laura was born and Beth and I both had small children.
Same day later - our FAB6 friend Jeff is in a band called Ditch Pickles and they have great music that is familiar and I know the words! We did the same thing a year ago and remembered the bar food burgers and fries were the best ever - still are!
So yesterday was errands, pasta making, sewing lesson, night out for music at a local bar with food. Today church, errands, hockey and now done for the day! And yes the turkey is thawing as the Star Tribune article this week said it takes 24 hours for every 4 pounds of frozen turkey to thaw in the refrigerator.







No comments:
Post a Comment