Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Suitcase on its way!

Ross is close to meeting the million mile mark with Northwest/Delta so we do fly a lot and he traveled a lot for work.  On the other hand we got home about 7 last night minus my 22" suitcase - for the first time ever a suitcase went missing.  So fill out the form, talk to the guy, check online and just now 25 hours later got a call that the bag is on its way and would we be home from 8-12pm? - duh - I told the guy we live 20 minutes from the airport.  His reply:  "We have to say that but I should be there in less than an hour"!  Wondering about my French cheese!  I'll save this post and put the results of that at the top.
We passed this restaurant every day from our apartment heading to the Metro or center of Lyon.  On another note when we went through Customs at MSP Ross got an "X" on his photo sheet and we had to go to another line.  He asks the guy why the X?  The guy says "Maybe because your name is John Jones" - hmmmm - maybe???
Best chicken in the world so they say but I still don't like the feathers, eyes and beak staring at me.  I did have the chicken twice and it is excellent.
Sweet little bunny rabbit or "lapin" in French:
Tete is "head" of meat.
Ah the cheese - nothing better in the world than French cheese:
I got a shirt for Alex with the colors of the Prior Lake hockey guys and they made them right at the shop - it says "Top Gone - Lyon" - hope it's still in my suitcase!!!
Every day we also passed by this funeral place and admired the things you could place on your grave.  It is very artistic, glamorous and sometimes funny.
I kind of liked the green Jeep.
And there was a number and the "Transport toutes destinations" - means if you croak they will transport your body anywhere - hmmm - wonder what that would cost?
Back to the real world of laundry, appliance repair, planting flowers and my favorite thing of all:  powerwashing the deck and front porch.  Who would have thought that I would find powerwashing so relaxing????

No comments:

Post a Comment