I started this post yesterday from here on and are now in Lyon which will mean doing a new one tomorrow - so here goes yesterday!
We continued on with the "self-guided" tour (Ross and I guides) of Dijon's Owl Trail and did the "Moses Loop" - walked at least 5 miles.
First stop Botanical Garden which was abloom with peonies, rhododendrons and lots of other flowers.
15th century church on the grounds of what was a former Carpathian monastery and is now a huge Centre Hospitalier Specialise de a Chartreuse - aka a psychiatric and addiction hospital. We walked all over and did not ever see one patient on the grounds, only a few tourists.
Entrance gate to the grounds.
Our goal was the Well of Moses, a very unique and famous 14th or4 15th century sculpture with Moses (with Ten Commandments), David, Jeremiah, Isaiah and Daniel.
I think this is where the food gets dropped off for the hospital kitchen.
This cafeteria is on the grounds and I so wanted to check it out but did not see one person around and not sure it was open or even open to the public.
The ambulance - it was quite colorful compared to the hospital!
Next stop after about 4 miles was the Les Halles where it was a market day. I think this is sole but I just can't do things with eyes!!!
This looked like a tail of something but we weren't sure what because it looked the color of pork but that's a long tail for a pig!!!
This might be front and back or head and legs??? I do see some evidence of what might have been eyes.
This could be tripe or some kind of stomach....not going to eat that either!
Dinner last night for Ross' favorite food - moules and frites. The French fries were homemade and delicious and I had salmon and of course chocolate mousse for dessert.
The big thing last night was European Night of the Museums - which means many museums all over Europe are free at 8pm and have special events so we chose Musee Magnin in Dijon - the History Museum and this is one of the chairs and they all have this very sharp needly object that does not make you want to sit on it!!!
Typical Burgundy dining room but I'm thinking of the rich people not the regular people!
Lastly - this is right in front of our apartment as we arrived home after our last night in town. The daylight hours are long here at this time of the year so rather nice for traveling.
Today will be a LONG story about a train and other stuff! But this was our view on the walk home from our Lyon restaurant - it is another beautiful city and we have been lucky! It's 10:22pm in Lyon!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment