Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2015

On the Road Again - Just Can't Wait to Get Back on the Road Again:)

I forgot what it was like to drive from MN to OK!  First comes Iowa:
 Love this rest area and I don't believe I've ever seen one quite this like in any country.  The people were so welcoming and so happy to have visitors stop by.  I picked up brochures on Northwood Iowa where my Grandma Alma Wolf Schultz was born and we drove to the lovely little town.  Now I need to do a little more research on what else but cemeteries - my favorite!!

I need this sign on my front yard to welcome our frequent guests:) 
 On to Missouri - we of course had the best barbecue in the worlds - burnt ends can't be beat and I need to go back.
  Dearest daughter-in-law says my family should have lived in this town as it would be very "fitting".  She knows our family very very well!
 Will Rogers Turnpike - I wish I knew how many times we drove this road since 1972.
We are in Tulsa and it's almost 5pm:) and we are soon headed to meet some friends for dinner.  Class of 1960 reunion notes will be next - it's quite a ride with the boys of 1960.

No comments:

Post a Comment