Pages

Monday, May 18, 2015

Pizza Night!

Beautiful and sunny, warm day in Lyon today but we were ready for other than bouchon or French food so we went down the street for pizza and it was good.
Full day as we bought a 3 day "city card" with lots of free and discounted stuff.  First off the Hop on Hop off bus tour which we just sit and listen and never hopped off for 1 1/2 hours!!  These are painted buildings and it sure looks like people on the balconies.  if anyone is a foodie like me (and I know a couple) the famous French chef Paul Bocuse is left side bottom I think and we are going to a "teaching restaurant" near us this week where the students do the cooking and serving - and of course learning - so we don't know what we will have but please let it not be pig tail or pig stomach!
More of the same - there were other buildings that had famous authors.
Next we took the City Boat tour for a little over an hour which went on both the Soane and Rhone Rivers as they meet in Lyon.  I could look at this view every day.  The Notre Dame Cathedral on Fouviere Hill along with the fake Eiffel tower which was once a restaurant in the 1990s and is now a TV antenna thing.
This is our neighborhood - the Vieux Lyon - or Old Lyon - the oldest part of the city and we are a couple blocks behind these buildings probably a few hundred years old or more.
This is the EURONEWS building, a world news station that is multilingual. It is interesting to see the very new mixed with the very old.
Click to see the name of the boat:  "Fargo" - hmmm - wonder how they chose that?
Another office building along the river and quite modern.
R&D on the River Soane in France - I thought the audio said it meant female but I can't be sure of that.
We seriously thought about this restaurant for tonight but then studied it a little closer and I don't like when we are not sure what the meat might be....or is it better to eat it and never know?
This means "no urinating" - and I would be 99% sure it is directed at males.
 Pretty clear on this one too except I have not yet seen a rat smoking.
In for the night here - 7 hours later in Lyon and up at at 'em tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment