Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Dijon - mustard?

The next thing I will be asking is what comes to your mind when I say the word Dijon and I will guess it is mustard!  This is another mustard store and it is a work of art.
 Ross is a good sport when traveling with me.  I saw there was a free artsy exhibit and then I saw this in the courtyard and he did not even make a fuss when I said I wanted a picture with our arms up - done!!
 Another beautiful cloud free day in Dijon.  If you walk along the streets and look up you will most likely have this view:
 OK - I do have a bathroom fetish as you well know.  Our lunch place today had the restrooms tucked up some steep stairs and I see this and think "Hmm I do know what a throne is" and then the doors and I might still have a little jet lag but I could not remember which one I should enter.  After I showed Ross my sneaky photo he said I was wrong - but the bathroom was just fine.

 "The Devil" gargoyle with hair standing on end, angry and mean looking.
 Another little devil at the end of the art museum - We did our own self-guided city walk today since the only available guided one was in French so we just bought the little guidebook and did our own 23 sites and this is Ross in the Museum of Fine Arts - he is not a big fan of art museums and I am a huge fan so we compromise.
 This skeleton was a big strange in a religious art area.
 The Palais de Justis or to us the courthouse - on our way home from dinner last night and I didn't notice the full moon until I downloaded the picture - it was beautiful!
Lucked out on the weather so far and that's good.  It was about 80 and sunny again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment