Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

May Day

Every May Day I wake up and recall this day and now 17 years have passed since Chris and Amy got engaged.  I keep a journal which now has 280 or more pages in a Word document and I like how I can look up "old memories".
We were in Sorrento, Italy on this day 17 years ago and today I am in Overland Park, Kansas, headed to Tulsa Oklahoma for Ross' 55 year Muskogee Central High School reunion.  More on that.

May 1, 1998

Chris and Amy got engaged today at the C’mon Inn in Grand Forks, North Dakota.  We tried to call him from a pay phone with a phone card or something and I recall having a LOT of trouble but finally getting through and finding out that yes it did happen – with the inherited big diamond which was redone by Hub Jewelers in Richfield.  We were excited.  He apparently had scattered rose petals on the floor of the hotel room.  What a guy my son is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment