NOTE - UPDATED THIS TODAY JUNE 27, 2018:
Heading off the boat in Bern, Switzerland and onto land and hotel for a couple nights in Bern, Switzerland with a walking tour of Lucerne (or Luzern which is the correct spelling) this morning. Yesterday was a Colmar, France day which we visited in 2008 and it is as lovely now as then and probably even 500 years ago. No time for stories but it sure has been fun.
And off we go and I feel like I could write a book!!!!
I must say there are quite a few riverboats on the Rhine but it didn't feel crowded and it seemed we rarely met another one except in port.Colmar is called Little Venice for a good reason - canals all over the place and so beautiful and not threated to sink like the island of Venice, Italy!!!
The downtown is beautiful and colorful and even relatively quiet.
We visited the Unterlinden Museum which is full of famous art works. Also learned that Auguste Bartholdi designed our Statue of Liberty which was actually a gift from France. Looking forward to our NYC grandparent trip where we will one again see the Statue of Liberty.
Picasso - great artist but definitely not my style:
Another cathedral and I lit a candle to pray for daughter -in-law Amy and her mom Kathy as I always do. And since the cathedrals are mostly free to visit I'm sure they appreciate donations!
Score!!!! I loved the name Edelwe'Ice - ice cream but kitschy name like the song from the Sound of Music movie.
Heading out and what we called the Butt Guys again making sure the crew knows what they are doing to get us back on the river trail!
Breisach from the river - what a beautiful view of the place we docked the boat and then took the bus into Colmar.
We did let a little candy gift from our tour guide for the bus ride. It was called "horse droppings" because that's what it looked like but it is superb Swiss chocolate! I guess the guy that invented it called it this!
No comments:
Post a Comment