Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Love, Love Me Do!

Love the Beatles - Last night was the 60s party and 9 of 10 people showed up ranging in age from 20s to 70 or so:). Everyone dressed the part and it was fun. After a lot of thought I ended up with the perfect man's t-shirt from JCP which I can wear anywhere....love beads, polka dot headband, pink socks with multicolored stars.
A couple more retirees - love the headbands. "Mardie" on the right is one of my faithful walking companions.

She probably won't like this picture but I love the outfit - she actually made it herself in the 1960s - it's so great. Marimekko - the Finnish designer for sure - we toured the factory in Helsinki - who would have thought?

MaryAnn the planner - she was definitely the most colorful and the matching socks just topped off that whole outfit. Oh and the mmmmmm good homemade brownies.


Carol - what can I say? The outfit speaks for itself right down to the wig with the headband and the gogo boots. She provided homemade chex mix.

What else - chicken and beef fondue, the lime green jello salad (can't remember what it was called), cheese balls with braunschweiger and another with cream cheese and pineapple, and a beautiful surprise birthday cake provided by Delaine's husband - she turns the big six-oh on Monday, a question and answer game in which I placed second and won Play-doh!!!! The winner got the pink foam hair rollers - dang, I needed those.

Ross is rolling his eyes at me as I write because in filling out estate planning forms I got sidetracked into shopping for the best deal on cemetery plots. Score!!!!!! - if you live in Bloomington for 10 years you "qualify" for the city cemetery. This fall I will qualify:)

But before that - I have filled 24 little plastic Easter eggs to hide on Seal Beach for 3 little kids who are very excited to get on that plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment