Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. —MELODY BEATTIE
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Around the World in 2 Hours!
After the busy days Jon and Ruth have had they called today and asked us to meet them at a French pastry shop in the Bellagio hotel on the "Strip" - friends are the greatest! We had such a nice visit and good treats.
Las Vegas just makes me laugh - it is so over the top. Driving down the Strip we see Venice Bridge of Sighs, then the Statue of Liberty at the NYNY hotel/casino.
Across from Bellagio we see the Eiffel tower and a couple blocks down the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx of Egypt. Slot machines - thousands of them - all over the place but I have still only used one on the first day - I guess I am not a gambler:)
Drove by the Lake Mead Recreation area on the way back from a side trip to Boulder City and Hoover Dam - quite a feat that was in the 1930s.
Visited the Hoover exhibits at visitor center - pretty clear that yes, some people did get killed. They used dynamite powder called Hercules to blast a big hole in the canyon - wow.
Lunch today - malt from Grandma Daisy and it was mmmmmm good - thanks Grandma!
Also from the exhibit - I expect my relatives in California would not be amused by this sign - probably the liberals would not be either!
The newer bridge over Hoover Dam - it was an awesome sight to behold - Colorado River below.
View of the massive generators - the US flag is so proudly displayed and placed there after 9-11. I love our flag and am proud to be an American.
I have stories which will have to wait until I get home - I always think the stories and the people are more interesting than places and pictures. More later.....going home tomorrow and I am ready for a stay in my own house. I have been at home 16 of the last 41 days and I am a lucky lady to have the opportunities that I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment