Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

What a difference the years make!

March 23, 2008 - our backyard - last year was even worse. We had 86" of snow last winter and this winter it was 22" - wimpy wimpy wimpy!
March 23, 2012 - my backyard this morning. I remember the first spring in our house when I looked in the backyard and it was ablaze with something I had never seen before - Northern Forsythia is the first thing to bloom and we have a lot. Short season, lovely to see!

So tomorrow we are having a Mexican Feliz CumpleaƱos Bash (Happy Birthday) for the March birthdays: Me turning 65, Amy turning 36, Katie turning 33?-I hope I'm correct, Lucy turning 4. We should have 15 people for the taco bar! less for the Margarita bar:)

This is February in Jerusalem - best falafel according to New York Times travel section.

Me and brother Keith - probably about 1951 - I was 4, he was 2 or so. I often wonder what it would be like if he were still here.

Katie and Amy 2011 September, in Honfleur France!

Lucy last week at Central Library downtown - what a great place and one of the many reasons I support our libraries! She says "Grammy, it's so relaxing here" - my sentiments exactly on reading and books. Of course the children's librarian loved her because she asked so many questions. As for reading, right now I am reading a book called "Still Alice" about a Harvard professor who develops Alzheimer's before she is 60 years old.

Lucy on her day of birth March 7, 2008 - I bet if she was born talking she would have said "please be quiet I am trying to sleep".

My life in the near future:


  • Tomorrow the birthday bash

  • Seal Beach CA "spring break" March 31-Apr 7 with Chris, Amy, Alex, Lucy - same big house as before, same "night games" with kids - I grew up playing this with flashlights and hiding outside - we do it on the beach there. Alex to me: "Grammy remember last time when I hid behind the catamaran and you couldn't see me" - yes, I do! Looking forward to Jenny, Shannon, Rooke, Brian, Andrew, and my cousin Denny and wife Sue for a birthday party for Amy upon arrival. Taco Surf here we come! Also plan to hide Easter eggs in the sand and do the whale watch ride again.

  • Easter - decided that yes it will be at my house the day after we arrive home from CA. It will be a big church choir day for Ross and just to show how wonderful our extended family is Amy's dad Paul and Scott are bringing everything but the ham. We will even have an Easter Egg hunt.

  • I signed up for a Women's Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) lesson with Amy in June on a lake nearby. - wow, I'm getting more adventurous all the time - she talked me into it.

  • Having some "events" at our house in April - always fun to have Ross' old work group and also having the Chorale (Ross' city group) over after the Blue Suede Shoes performance - it should be great music!

  • Then on to my favorite thing - planning MY fall trip to France. Will be staying in Paris, then Sarlat le Caneda in the Dordogne area, and Bordeaux city. Apartments rented, now on to the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment