Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Biker Grammy!

80 and sunny here in Phoenix - yup - still giggling. Beth and Jerry's son Jed visited this afternoon - he lives less than 2 blocks from them and this is what he arrived on! He's a really really cool guy:)
Also - a lot of my classmates and others from my little hometown of Red Lake Falls have now bought places in Phoenix. So today two couples came for snacks and a little beer or wine. The tall guy is my 5th grade boyfriend! I went to a one room schoolhouse until 5th grade; it closed and I had to go "to town". I don't think he knew he was my boyfriend because I was so shy!

Like father like son? Jerry and Jed having a good belly laugh at us talking about our past lives!...in Beth's backyard...same yard they will be leaving March 14 and on to a new house. Jed says "Yes, we moved every couple years"...fix em up, sell em.

We are squeezing something in every moment of every day - after lunch I noticed this lovely shop and we thought: should we? no we don't need that! - botox and all kinds of other body refining things! Lots of that here in Retirement Heaven.

Stopped for lunch at Haus Murphy from "Familie Hoffmann" - yes a German restaurant that was on the Food Network. It was super good German food.

Seriously father and son genes - this is Jerry's "bike" - love it and yes I do wish I could ride it. Maybe next year I will have my own.

Peggy's daughter and family are stranded in Duluth storm of 17" of snow, a "dusting" in Bloomington, 80 and sunny here and I wish I could bundle a bit of it up to take home. Tomorrow we are off to Sedona and yes, Jerry is driving the 3 women and we keep saying how fortunate we are to have 3 patient husbands who have always let us be independent...thanks, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment