Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Very Happy Day!

I looked back at my journal from one year ago and we had just completed Amy's every-3-month followup MRI with "good news - no change - it is a happy day" as my notes.
So today we had the same results - no change seen and it is another good day a year later! I know that it is God watching over us and everyone's prayers and good thoughts sent our way. The next followup in January will be more than 2 years out from surgery!!!!
Funny things:
Driving Lucy to preschool last week: "Grammy, how do you say clock in Spanish?" - I reply I don't know. "Grammy, how do you say dinner in Spanish?" - so I fake it and say dejeuner (I know that's French) - she replies "no, that's not right". Hmmm, can't fool a 3 year old who is learning Spanish in preschool.
Alex: "Grammy did you have turkey in Turkey?" I said I did not but then thinking about it - I really don't know if they have turkey in Turkey! They don't need it for Thanksgiving as they do not have Pilgrims.
Next:
Busy days coming up. Meeting my loyal walking friends early tomorrow for a long walk and talk with temps in the 30s - will only require us to walk faster! In a couple days having good friends for dinner and Saturday night a Turkish feast at our house for 6 friends. I will be warning them that "This is a test - it is only a test" - and I will not be bellydancing. The menu will be entirely Turkish and every item cooked from scratch.
On Turkey: I am so sad about the big earthquake in a poorer part of the country. The people are so lovely and kind and I cannot imagine what this must be like. I think of my Turkish friends from my cooking classes and what they must be feeling.
Our house repairs - DONE!

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to figure out why comments cannot be posted!

    ReplyDelete