I am being a vacationing derelict! I love Istanbul and am enjoying every moment. Tonight we walked to a new area and had a new food which, much to our surprise, arrived at our table in a huge flame. It was a Kebab dish cooked in a clay pot, brought out flaming and then dramatically the cover was knocked off. It was good!

This was the interior of the restaurant and the bar area - the only wine they had was Turkish and I like it! Another reasonably priced meal with entree, wine and dessert...I like that too.

Passed by this hotel on the way to the restaurant and again on the way home. Noticed that many restaurants in the area had lots of people but this one had none - hmmmm - can't imagine why!

I love backsides of people. These 3 "older" women were all dressed up for a Sunday outing. We have seen very few full cover black burkas but a lot of people with beautiful scarves for head coverings. Today on the tram a woman about my kids age offered me her seat. We have a lot to learn about elder respect - and I don't just mean Social Security and Medicare! Ross seems to be taking off with these ladies:)

We have seen all the top sights in Istanbul plus some others. Tomorrow is our last day and we think we will try to explore the Asian side because as you know Istanbul is half European and half Asian. They have a good economy and things seem to be hopping - more on that later. I am still gathering my thoughts and am now mentally heading home and will be anxious to see my favorites: Alex and Lucy - oh and the rest of my friends, Chris and Amy too - don't mean to leave anybody out but I sure miss my "babies"
No comments:
Post a Comment