
Ross' grade school friend Jon and his partner Philippe in the backyard of their home in Boussy Saint-Antoine, about an hour south of Paris. We met Philippe where he works about 2 blocks from our apartment and rode to their home - we did great with a mix of French and English.

This is their "upper back yard" with access from the 2nd floor. They bought the house 10 years ago new for about $200K and it is now more than double that - apparently not a housing recession in France! Jon made a wonderful lunch out of his favorite cookbook which Philippe showed me - Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking - very used and tattered 1961 edition. Starter Endive Tartre with orange zest and fresh goat cheese - mmmm; French bread, red and white wine and aperitifs ( liqueurs) prior, Entree Coq Au Vin (chicken cooked in red wine with musrooms and tiny onions), dessert cheese assortment then a Pommes...... - a sort of apple bread pudding thing with a vanilla caramel sauce - it does have a name in the cookbook.

It was so beautiful we were able to eat outside - what a perfect day.

Jon is an art noveau antique collector and has some beautiful things including this sofa/table/bookcase/mirror combination piece.

Before we met P. at 1pm I talked Ross into walking to the Eiffel tower which was actually over 4 miles - made it back to meet with 2 minutes to spare - took the metro back! I took this picture of myself and when I clicked on it my neck looks like that of an old woman - ha - I am!

I kept saying "Look it's right there" - somewhat like Chevy Chase in European Vacation!

Jon will be performing organ concerts in NYC and Savannah in the coming months; last year a couple months in Japan - interesting for a boy from Muskogee OK whose mother died when he was 8.
So for today - as it is Sunday Ross will go to American Cathedral, I will go to Louvre for the first Sunday of the month FREE day!! - then I'm walking to Notre Dame, Ile-St. Louis, a 2,000 year old crypt and maybe I will meet him at 4:30 for the organ concert at Notre Dame - at least I can text him and tell him where I am.
Food - best meal so far was that cooked by our friend - we do hope they will come to visit us in MN someday but with their home and location I would be tempted to never leave!
No comments:
Post a Comment