Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Should I apply for a job here in Paris???

Saw this yesterday while walking home from my free day at the Louvre - hmmm - wonder what it takes to be an RD in Paris???
Dinner last night just across the Seine - Au Pere Louis - I had duck fillet for the first time - It was good but the French fries were even better!
Ross goes to church and I head for the Louvre - got there to find a LONGGGGGG line and soon a guard put up a sign that said 2.00 hours from that point to wait - hmmmm - decided to try it and it did not take even an hour and since the Louvre is the size of several football fields it was not at all crowded and FREEEE. I headed for the wing with Napoleon III's apartments - I would like this dining room. He was Napoleon Bonaparte's nephew.
Had to stop to see Mona again. There is controversy over who she is - a farm girl, a mistress, or is it a self-portrait of Leonardo Da Vinci himself??? It has been stolen, sprayed with acid and in the 1990s slashed by a vandal but she lives on but now behind glass.
I know advertising does a lot to support arts and other things - so I was not surprised to see George Clooney on the side of the Louvre hawking Omega watches.
This is the inside courtyard - the pyramid is the entrance and I am at this end of the long long line but that gives time to chat with others in line....and I like to chat.
In Napoleon's china hutch (one of them) I spotted this lovely dish - haven't a clue what it could be and have never seen anything similar - any ideas anyone? - feel free to put in a comment at the bottom of this post.
Loved this bridge over the Seine - hundreds of padlocks, some engraved, some blank, some written on with permanent marker. I think it is the French version of carving your initials and those of the one you love inside a heart on a tree!
Received this picture by email yesterday from the friends we joined for lunch - such a nice picture and so much fun.
Today - might go to an outdoor market, Sacre Coeur (big white church on the hill) for the view. Had to cut a tiny piece of mold off my toasting bread this morning - hmmmm - good thing we leave for Istanbul tomorrow. We did go to Notre Dame for the organ concert before dinner yesterday - what a place - but I'm embarrassed to say I prefer the live entertainment in the subway tunnels and on the street. So it is still very warm here and as you know I travel lightly so have to alternate clothes to let the sweat dry:) - works great. Looking ahead it will be in the 70s in Istanbul which will feel good. Everything continues to run like clockwork for us - we have had a nice chance to rest and relax and still do a lot of things......now for the excitement of a new country - I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment