Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Goodbye Istanbul!

Sorry Facebook friends for seeing the same pics:) - Had another wonderful dinner at our favorite Istanbul restaurant tonight - they know us and knew what kind of wine I wanted and what I had ordered the first night - the Turkish people are wonderful! It was a bit rainy today so relaxed in the room after visiting the Grand Bazaar for the 2nd time - on the way home from dinner the Blue Mosque is as beautiful as ever - even with the security streetlight in front of it.
Could have eaten here - street kebaps (kabobs to us) - 2.5 TL (Turkish Lira) is about $1.30 and the meat looks darn good.
This is the kitchen where we really did eat - they cooked my Kofte (meatball kabobs) right in front of me and it smells so good. That's why ALL my clothes smell a bit like kebaps - but I do like that smell. And best of all on the way home stopped at a "sweet shop" to buy Turkish Delight - not anything "funny" to be smoked or rubbed - it's just candy and nuts - all varieties and so good. Our favorite waiter Alper (said could also call him Albert) asked us what we thought about Turkey and I once again raved! Brought a huge smile to his face. Our best person at the hotel Arturo (asked to call him Arthur) always has the biggest smile for us too.
Up early tomorrow- headed for a night at the Paris airport - ugh - and then home. We did get the house bill today and we can still travel! So on the way home for the 9 hour flight I will be planning my next trip. After we get home and I organize what I learned I plan to post a bit of the history of Istanbul, more pictures, concubine notes and a bit about the workers here and what they endure to barely make ends meet. Off to bed now - thanks for following my path - I am so fortunate in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment