Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

People, Places, Things

Reading the forecast for rain tomorrow - if true it will be the first cloud or drop of rain we have seen. My clothes all smell like kebab - that's a good smell. I decided to go through my pictures and just choose some of people and places that are my favorite because when I try to compose thoughts and stories it makes me think too hard and it's almost time for dinner:)
This is sunset last night at Kusadasi Turkey - waiting for our ride on day trip to Ephesus (more on that later). It is on the Aegean Sea.
This is a school field trip at the Blue Mosque - looks like home and a cute little group of Turkish kids and their teachers.
Me at the Blue Mosque - I have been carefully careful to respect the religion of this country - I cover my head and take off my shoes when I should. It is about 95% Muslim. In turn, I read in a guidebook that "Turkey has much respect for seniors" - I have never failed to have been offered a seat on the metro by a young male. Ross says "it's the white hair".
Turkish rug maker - looks very time consuming - takes several months to do a small rug and they are VERY EXPENSIVE.
At Ephesus - will it be a fresh fig (and they are very good!) or ticket to see camel wrestling?
Ross under the bridge on the way to see the Whirling Dervishes -
A cute little street near our hotel - love the little houses or whatever they are - in fact I love Istanbul.
Dumped Ross and chose this guy - he will protect me as soon as his body gets healed - I think it is a shop to get things for sprained parts!
Ross dumped me for this babe from the Grand Bazaar - they were sure eyeing each other.
These street vendors sending fresh squeezed pomegranate juice are all over and it's good.
Off to dinner now - can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment