There still isn't a day that goes by when I don't miss my walking buddy Sue and want to tell her something silly or serious and the reverse was true. It's 2 months ago today that she died and last week we went to the celebration service for them both. And yes, I am ok with calling it that because there was suffering for both of them in the last weeks of life. It was a very nice service and we got to sit with the old diabetes education working buddies and listen to the stories people told. She would be saying "ok, just get on with it.....":)
Next: "Party in the Prairie" for the first time. It was great and right close to my house in the park where we walk. This is the 12 of the family who were able to enjoy the food trucks and the music and it was good and I hope they have it again. I said so in the survey I received.Surveys: I got a survey from my bank and the first question was "Your age".....67 I answer. Quick automated reply: "Thanks, that's all we need from you". If I hadn't giggled I would have kicked my computer but I might have broken my hip.
Alex is practicing a lot with my camera and he knows how to do selfies but of course can't see exactly what is being taken - ha - Chris and I got him good!
I got Amy! He is getting to be a good little photographer.
Ross, Chris' brother-in-law Matt and Chris pondering on the good music. It was a perfectly beautiful night and I had Latin food from the food truck.
Next: Since we have a trip coming up - hopefully soon - we invited Ross' brave, fun and supportive work group for a "Bossa Nova Party" and the menu was Brazilian and the food was good. Of course I practiced first on our friends Beth and Jim as usual.
The Menu
Ross does the menus and I cook. He translated the place cards into Portugese names to go with Brazilian theme and a few people had a little trouble interpreting their name but when there is one chair left and one person left it was her chair - it was not me!The Latvians, the Swedes, the Norwegians, the Germans and the British all get along. It seems like towards the end of the meal odd topics seem to pop up. Last one was "Who pees in the shower?" So this time we were talking about the next party theme and we decided to have a 1960s Hippie Party. Of course the question that popped up was "Who has smoked pot?"
Passports - yawn yawn - are supposed to arrived by overnight express tomorrow October 6.
Couple quotes: A recent TV show clip I saw the guy said "I made a bucket list and changed the B to an F and I was done with it". Quite clever I thought:)
From a hotel ad from a hotel we stayed with in France: "Our photos are not binding - all rooms are unique" - Translated by me: What you see is not always what you get:). But this wine someone brought the other night was good!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment