Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Patagonia - a Territory in Argentina

REMEMBER THAT IF YOU CLICK ON THE PICTURES THEY WILL BE BIGGER.
We had happy hour with two other couples last night in these chairs and this is the view from the lobby bar.  I have never been in such clean fresh air and it's not that high up in the Andes.
 With another couple, Pete and Elaine, we walked over 5 miles today up to a beautiful wooden church and then into Parque Municipal Llao Llao (pronounced Show Show - like bow wow here or in Chile Yow Yow).  For us it looks like layow layow:)  This is the start of the hike with our hotel in the background.  We have again lucked out on remarkable weather.
 Outside the church were a couple young craftspeople and they were not pushy at all and the stuff was inexpensive so I got some and I'm sure they could sure use the money.
 This is the other at work and cutting out carvings for pendants from coins all over the world is a hard job and they only cost from $5-10.
 Two teenage girls asked if we wanted our picture taken together.  We are doing fine with the language and it's very easy to use your hands and point and I do know a couple words in Spanish!!
Banos is an important one - bathroom!
 Again the Llao Llao Hotel and Resort where we are staying.  There is good golfing but we don't golf but there is plenty of other stuff including kayaking, flyfishing and more.  I needed a nice break and a long walk today!!!
 We had a little map from the front desk outlining the hiking trails with photos of things we maybe would see.  Lucked out in a short time.  This is cauquen bird and it was just as beautiful as the brochure picture.
 These are Arrayan trees and it was in a part called the Myrtle Forest, 1 hour hike, "low difficulty".  After we got back I remembered I had my trusty pedometer in my purse and had clocked 5.2 miles since we got up so maybe 4 miles or more on the hike.  For our ages we thought we did great!!!  The Llao Llao park is a protected natural area "which includes a recreational conservation forest as part of the Circuito Chico area" - this is what we did - a big circle.
 It's spring in Patagonia and all the spring flowers are blooming and soon they will head into summer.
 The wooden church is in the background is not very visible but I loved these clouds and sky.
 Yesterday we had lunch at Tinto Bistro in the tiny town of Villa La Angostura, Chile, and this is the owner.  He just happens to be the brother of the Queen Maxima of the Netherlands who was born in Buenos Aires.  He was getting the food from the kitchen, serving, waiting tables, pouring wine and smiling!!!  His name is Martin Zorreguieta and yes, I did google this to make sure it was true - it is!!!
 Our travel director Susan who is with us the whole trip and is from Missouri but has lived in
Spain for 10 years.  Our guide for Argentina is Giselle. We have local guides for every area we visit and it's great and they live where they guide.
 The tango team Gustavo and Guillermina and yes that is Ross and I got to dance with the guy - everyone had a little lesson and a turn and then we could all dance.  This is their job and they have two children ages 5 and 7.
So dinner tonight 7:30 when the restaurant opens and we are joining two other couples and it's the earliest it was open so I won't make by 9pm bedtime again - oh well!
Tomorrow we take a chairlift, stop for lunch in the little town about 45" from this resort and then get on a plane for Buenos Aires and another new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment