Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Fall, FAB6, Firewood!


Of autumn's wine, now drink your fill; the frost's on the pumpkin, and snow's on the hill.
The Old Farmer's Almanac, 1993
Today is the first day of fall and it's definitely beginning to show it's face all over.  A couple days ago were were at Chris and Amy's house and I walked out to their porch to see their beautiful tree in the backyard.  Amazing!
We have been reading about the shortage of firewood in Minnesota and it's making the front pages of our newspapers.  So we call our best "wood guy" from Pierz MN.  He has the best wood of anyone we have tried and we have been loyal customers so Ross leaves a message and the next day he calls back and the next day he arrives with his teenage son and delivers and stacks!!!  This should last through the winter for our woodstove.
We are the FAB6 - 3 "girls" who worked together at Fairview with about a 25 year range in ages and I am not the youngest one!  Janelle and Mike's turn to entertain and it was a superb dinner once again.  I do love steak on the grill.  But best of all is these friends who call each other family and as Donna says "we are family - just chose one another - not born into it".   We have supported each other through good times and bad for more than 25 years.  Odd thing is we all arrived wearing or drinking out of our "trinkets" we received for being long term employees - what a coincidence!
The "boys" - I think they have as much fun as the girls and each dinner seems to bring up an extremely interesting topic which I don't always mention here for good reason but to give a little clue:  the last one at our house is "Who pees in the shower?"
Mike and Janelle - I'm her wanna be proxy mom and she likes this picture because Mike hates hydrangeas so she says.  These guys are very used to living with strong minded women:)
So I hate to say there is hope but about our Brazilian visa delay and passport hostage situation:  Ross contacted our state senator - "can't do anything" hmmmmm - that's politicians for you.  We contacted the travel group and they contacted the document service who probably contacted the Consulate.  They say it will be here a week from today - this I have to see to believe.  I did change the background color of this blog to the main color of the Brazil flag - hoping!
But on a more fun note we are hosting an upcoming "Blame it On the Bossa Nova" dinner at our house and it should be a hoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment