Life is so busy on vacation that I'm getting behind and will have to post a hundred pictures. Today we left Chile, passed through the territory of Patagonia (most beautiful place), and entered Argentina. Lots of checkpoints, a couple slow lines but the end is well worth it.
This is a volcano in Patagonia and yes, that is snow and we are standing on volcanic ash. There was a 9.5 Richter scale earthquake also near here in 2011.
Getting ready to get on the boat on the lake in the National Park in Argentina to cross over to our lodging for the next 2 nights.
This is the catamaran that we took for 2 hours to get to our hotel in an area that is called "Switzerland of Argentina".
View from our window - I can't believe I'm really here.Yesterday in Puerto Varas, Chile, our hotel was in the middle of 5 volcanoes but for sure one was dormant and supposedly they only erupt every 25 years - right!!!
View from in front of our hotel of the two volcanoes and one is called a conical.
So - no time as in a few minutes we leave for a group dinner at 7:30pm (it's now 7:15pm) then a tango show done by a couple of tango stars and then we get to dance the tango - might be a late night but tomorrow is free and I need to get my thoughts organized.
All is well and we have had spectacular weather as even the locals are saying - more later!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment