So you never know how travel will go - travel vs. travail?? On our last trip my 22" rollaboard suffered a wheel fracture and of course I figured out I could repair it myself and decided to use bright blue instead of black. I'm happy to report it made it through bag check, security, throwing off the plane and it rolls fine with my own cheap repair!! Farm girl at heart:). Got into Santiago, Chile with a smile and a compliment on the tidy size of my bag!
Lucky - we met nice people right away and the tour has not yet started until tomorrow night. So tonight we are going with our very new friends Chris (Greek) and his wife Joan (from Philadephia) to an Italian restaurant within walking distance. So Ross and I since we were here a day early decided to walk around and check it out. I love this "waiter" outside that also has a headlamp and a menu. Joan just called our room to ask if it was elegant vs casual - casual I say since I just cleaned off the chocolate ice cream drip on my shirt. She then tells me what a problem it was to find out how to call our room with DeVerle Ann Schultz Jones and John Ross Jones as the legal names. She was with me when we had the concierge make reservations and they were using "Deverle" and I proceeded to tell her about my name issue after I left my home town in 1965 - I'm "Dee"!!!
Phone at the elevator stop on our floor and yes you do get dial tone.So tomorrow another free day until dinnertime and we plan to take a city hop-on-hop-off bus tour. We should be just fine as I have my phone translator set to Spanish and then Portugese in the next countries - good to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment