Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Well - with Ross and Sara´s help I have conquered the funky internet spot - as you can see have been blessed with beautiful weather. below is a photo op shot of my next home - note that it is for sale and can be used as a bed and breakfast - Ross will steer, Sara will sing and do laundry and I will cook -anyone wish to join the tour? This is the port of Barcelona this afternoon-big space here can't find delete button.
Me and Sara at port of Barcelona - so far have walked 6.4 miles today and have not had dinner yet.....or happy hour. Had a great lunch as usual in a place of Sara´s choosing.

Visited Sagrada Familia church today and happened on this annual Catalan (this part of spain) festival where they cook loads of fresh onions then serve them with sauce and some kind of meat - smelled really good. Antoni Gaudi spent his lifetime on this church and was hit by a tram at age 74 in 1926. It was started in the later 1800s and may be done by 2026 - hmmmm - not sure about that but the admission fee goes to support the ongoing project. Google it sometime as it is a fantastic piece of Barcelona history.
Below is a picture of Ross and Sara at our first metro stop of the day. Funny story and good for years of laughs. Ross got pickpocketed of his wallet on the metro car which had credit cards, passport and emergency cash stash. A guy on the metro pointed it out, Ross saw the girl and jumped off so Sara and I followed - saw her on the escalator and Ross apprehended her, I clutched her arm and held on tight with both hands and then felt her purse for its contents. I think we scared her as at the top of the escalator she dropped it to the ground and made like he had dropped it then took off. An older couple was also helping - no English -but we figured out she was calling them Romans (gypsies). Meanwhile Sara was clueless but following us and did not realize what had happened in those few seconds. I am so proud of us. I am thinking of training for a SWAT team anywhere in the world. I was not really surprised that we could do this as I have always been vigilant but also cautious so don´t worry that I will be off in scary places doing this!!!
Ross and I before Sara arrived at the top of Montjuic (mountain and jews) -  it is beautiful with stupendous views and nice blue skies - museums,fountains etc. Tomorrow we will walk to the Picasso museum which is very close to our apartment - Sunday is free admission day - el cheapo is on patrol.
Buenos Noches! (good night) - eating at a restaurant for the 2nd time tonight as it was so good. most restaurants do not open until 8 or 9pm so I have learned to stay up a bit later.




No comments:

Post a Comment