Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Amy - Welcome Summer!

What a lovely day with the temperature between 75 and 80 - it's March! I wore sandals. We had a lovely lunch on the outdoor deck at Santorini in Eden Prairie - I had reservations and was supposed to call this morning if we wanted the deck - I forgot - but to add to the lovely day the person who set up our table called our house to check - Ross said "yes-outside" - people are good! Katie, Matt, Paul (Amy's dad), Ross, me, Chris and Amy were all there - Katie brought us all "Livestrong" bracelets in honor of Amy's 34th birthday and also the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Below are the lovebirds - Amy is excited to have her newly reset engagement ring back on Lefty! It arrived in her hands this morning....delivered by Chris - her email this morning tells me she will be wearing a "new accessory". Ain't they the cutest?

Katie and Matt studying the menu or something. It was so nice to have the working people take the time off for lunch and for the nonworking people to enjoy another day of leisure - that is a bit of a stretch as none of our lives allow much leisure...or time for rest.

Me and my best friend - she calls me Mom#2 and I call it an honor. Another great day of fun and a bit of shopping - I wore my pedometer and by the time we did Eden Prairie Center and Costo we clocked 2 miles - not bad - cane is long gone, wheelchair gathering dust.

A very proud day in fact - notice this is LEFTY - you have all heard of Lefty who 2 months ago would not move if it's life depended on it - now Lefty can hold a pina colada just fine. This is a great and remarkable feat.


Posted by PicasaAs for me - I walked 4.5 miles yesterday with my good walking friend, Sue, just before my old work group arrived - it was great - I felt like life was kind of normal - Amy says this often - "it was almost normal" - it's a great feeling and I thank my friends who have rallied around in the last week for my birthday and just to be there for me.
What's next? Back to reality tomorrow: haircut for me, Amy at our house for lunch on the deck to take advantage of "summer" and off to Sister Kenny in the afternoon. Friday Alex joins us and we will go to the Model Train Museum - for about the 4th time - Alex's favorite place. Saturday night a much delayed celebratory dinner for Chris and Ross' birthdays (January & February), Easter Sunday church, then Easter egg hunt and dinner at our house. Life is full and that is good!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the photos. I loved the quote on the next blog too... :)
    Sara Bean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the holiday with your friends and loved ones. Thinking about you lots and lots.

    ReplyDelete