Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Odd Moments in Barcelona

Walked all over today - 5 miles so far and the day is not over - it is sunny but cool (about 45 degrees) and we dress in layers and continue to have our important items hanging and strapped to us in various places:)
Visited this Cathedral this morning and I noticed this Saint who had the little wooden tub of 3 ceramic or wooden kids - it is just so Rub-a-Dub-Dub Three Kids in a tub isn't it???
From the same church - another Saint behind the bars - this one had little notes tied to the bars and also odd things like candlewax hand and a couple legs - made me wonder as I watched the people if they were praying for healing of limbs. I prayed for Amy's Lefty.
On to Mercat St. Josef - huge and very interesting - saw tons of fish and I thought this one was a bit interesting to say the least. Went from the smelly fish to the candy, fruits and other meat. Bought some fresh dates and yum are they good.

On to the meat area - even though this picture is intriguing and I have eaten pork here - this did not tempt me to eat more - especially when the little piggies are staring at you. Other than all the bad events that happened in a couple days the city is beautiful and has a lot of interesting things. Today we did a little retail therapy in a big department store - I like that better than bargaining in the little shops..headed for their big Supermarcat in the basement and stocked up on wine to smuggle home and olive oil. Resting in our lovely apartment now where it is warm and shiny clean - waiting for the restaurant across the street to open at 8:30pm...Senyor Parellada - menu outside is in Spanish but we will figure it out I am sure. ROSS IS PATIENTLY WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO STEAL HIS EMPTY WALLET WITH THE LOVE NOTE.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment