Enjoying having Preston, Kathy and Sara at our house, going to movies and actually hitting one store for a "Black Friday" deal - one was enough! Soon Sara will be off to the next job adventure in Virginia Beach VA and the holiday season at our house will continue. As Amy and I walked in the park I thought about how much we have to be thankful for even though the last couple years have presented many challenges. Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. —MELODY BEATTIE
Friday, November 25, 2011
Modern Family!
Amy calls us "Modern Family" and yes, I know the TV show. Alex and Lucy fell in love with crazy Sara - for her ability to break dance, do "ginastics" as Lucy calls it, and act silly (immature?) - or the perpetual ability to have act young? Tonight, one day after these pictures, I asked Lucy why she liked Sara so much: "Because she can dance"!
We had a lovely thanksgiving with the odd number of 11 guests - "odd" being the operative word. Thanks to everyone we had a good time and good food. I really can't believe Alex could walk outside for a group picture barefoot - love it but do know the sparkly white stuff is coming. After dinner, Chris drags out the family games - decided on Apples to Apples and of course as with any other game - here come the arguments - but the language must be censored due to Alex helping us playing the game and Lucy nearby. Ross' brother Preston, Sara and Chris started the inaugaral Jones/Schultz Turkey trot run in the park.
Meanwhile out in Corona, CA, Rooke is being her own Special Turkey and is very proud of it. I do wish we could all be together but if we had the whole "extended" family it could hit 50 or more depending on where you cut it off.
Enjoying having Preston, Kathy and Sara at our house, going to movies and actually hitting one store for a "Black Friday" deal - one was enough! Soon Sara will be off to the next job adventure in Virginia Beach VA and the holiday season at our house will continue. As Amy and I walked in the park I thought about how much we have to be thankful for even though the last couple years have presented many challenges.
Enjoying having Preston, Kathy and Sara at our house, going to movies and actually hitting one store for a "Black Friday" deal - one was enough! Soon Sara will be off to the next job adventure in Virginia Beach VA and the holiday season at our house will continue. As Amy and I walked in the park I thought about how much we have to be thankful for even though the last couple years have presented many challenges.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It was such a good time. :)
ReplyDelete