The silly season is upon us. We are having Ross' former work group for dinner this weekend - it's always a great deal of fun and they are all very good sports to see what I come up with. So I decided to start with a very easy menu of things I can find in our local grocery or in my cupboard! Since it is not a theme of one country I decided to look at where the products came from - reminder that these are just ordinary items off the shelf - what a surprise - it must be very difficult to buy local and even to buy products made in the USA. I'm wondering why my half n half creamer needs to be from Colorado! Why does the asparagus have to come all the way from Peru? I'm sure this will prompt a big discussion of "Made in America" at the dinner table!!!!!
Appetizers
Brie
(France)
Goat Cheese
(Wisconsin)
Lavash
(Armenia)
Crackerthins
(Australia)
Chopped Autumn Salad
(Minnesota)
Entrée
Chicken
(Iowa)
Patate e Pomodori al Formo
(Italy)
Corn
(Minnesota)
Asparagus
(Peru)
Dessert
Chocolate Pomegranate Cupcakes
with White Chocolate Mousse
(Persia/Iran)
Kavli
(Norway)
Loacker
(Austria)
Hays
(Arzona/Turkey)
Coffee
(Ethiopia)
Cream
(Colorado)
Appetizers
Brie
(France)
Goat Cheese
(Wisconsin)
Lavash
(Armenia)
Crackerthins
(Australia)
Chopped Autumn Salad
(Minnesota)
Entrée
Chicken
(Iowa)
Patate e Pomodori al Formo
(Italy)
Corn
(Minnesota)
Asparagus
(Peru)
Dessert
Chocolate Pomegranate Cupcakes
with White Chocolate Mousse
(Persia/Iran)
Kavli
(Norway)
Loacker
(Austria)
Hays
(Arzona/Turkey)
Coffee
(Ethiopia)
Cream
(Colorado)
No comments:
Post a Comment