Five years ago today Alex was 18 months old, danced the night away as did my mom, Ross and me!!! Now Molly and Josh are the parents of two little girls, he is a 2nd year medical resident in Iowa and Alex has a little sister Lucy who is going on 4 - or sometimes going on 21!!Billy Graham turned 93 this month: His Quote: The greatest legacy one can pass on to one's children and grandchildren is not money or other material things accumulated in one's life, but rather a legacy of character and faith.
Today is Veteran's Day 11-11-11. I just read there were 140,000 Minnesota Veterans in the Vietnam War - biggest number of all our wars.
Wine: Stopped at the local wine sale today - the cute old guy in front of me was buying a big bottle of brandy, he looked at my box wine and said -" must be good!" - I said the same of his brandy. I asked him about his accent - he's from Norway and arrived here at 15 years old - many years ago but still a strong accent. The guy checking me out said he was from Kiev in the Ukraine (think Chicken Kiev)! I said I heard it was really nice there from my niece - he replies "a lot different from here" - I say "That's good" and he gets the biggest smile of pride for his native land.
Highlights of the week: Shopping and lunch with Amy, a short notice email from Chris today "Do you have any lunch to feed me?" - of course I do! He was here in about 10 minutes as his office is only that far away. Tomorrow morning we get to be Grammy and Bapa Hockey people at 7:45 am to help Amy lace skates and stuff while Chris leads a seminar.
LIFE IS FULL AND GOOD! Sunday my "Turkish cooking ladies" are hosting a year end event and we are to bring a salad or dessert of our choice. I'm looking forward to telling them how much I enjoyed visiting their homeland.
No comments:
Post a Comment