Saturday we went to Chutes and Ladders (playground) with Alex and Lucy before the overnighter. I had myself psyched up to climb a few times on the rope ladders. I noticed a face that looked familiar and I told her she did. She replies: "Dee?" - it was the mom of classmates of both my kids in Burnsville - I was a soccer mom and elementary school "party planner mom" with her. She was there with her 3 year old twin granddaughters. She tells me her son-in-law (married to Chris' 1992 classmate) died suddenly this August of a heart attack at 37 years old and the mom was left with 4 small children. We talked a long time and exchanged phone numbers. In the meantime Alex is saying "Grammy you are doing so good" as I climb to the top one more time.
Medicare: I will be eligible March 1st - ugh - can't believe it but thankful that I am so healthy. I have decided to go with a plan that includes the Silver Sneakers program - goes with my silver hair and hopefully will keep up my exercising with many more places to go.
Voting - I voted today and am proud of it. My mom and dad never failed to vote. I also walked there - of course it is only half a block.
Dental visit today: This was my second visit to the local community college dental hygeine clinic - if you want an excellent workup ask me about it. The instructors know Amy's mom professionally and know Amy's history secondhand. They are so happy to hear she is doing well. And I have the cleanest teeth in Bloomington and it's very reasonable as I don't have dental insurance and don't plan to have it anytime soon. I walked the 1.8 miles home at a brisk pace. Upon arrival I did admit to eating Halloween candy for lunch - they said it does not cause plaque - bring it on!
Billy Graham's 93rd birthday 2 days ago: "I fought growing old in every way" - love that theme.
Books - just finished Roger Ebert's latest book and memoir - with his salivary gland cancer and many failed surgeries he can no longer talk, eat, get around well but he has a blog and is writing books and I like his attitude. I have been an avid reader all my life and am so thankful for it.
Tomorrow - excited to be able to lunch and shop with Amy. I am blessed to have a daughter-in-law that actually likes to spend time with me! Plan to try a healthy organic restaurant.
Next: Thanksgiving, holiday parties - one of which is to be a Minnesota Theme and we are asked to bring "white elephant gifts" - oooohhaw - I could bring a truckload of those.
I stopped by your blog today.
ReplyDeleteAnn