Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

1970s! Happy Birthday Chris Jones!

Chris just home from the hospital - in those days you did NOT know the gender of the child so there was a lot of yellow and green baby stuff around. We arrived home all alone - no family in town - Chris screamed his head off for hours until we finally called the hospital to see if they thought something was wrong - reply: "no" - I'm sure they were laughing like crazy.
A couple years earlier: Dude and Dudess Memorial Day 1972 - first introduction to Ross' parents in the Bible belt of Oklahoma - all decked out with me in my white vinyl gogo boots and hot pants - this short top actually had red shorts under it with white stars on the rear end - of course all of our clothes were 100% polyester! What was I thinking?

Back to today - it's Chris' 37th birthday and what a joyous occasion this was in 1974 at Fairview Southdale Hospital - no family in town, got to stay in the hospital 4 days. These are the proud parents ages 26 and 30.

I look at this and then look at myself in the mirror and ask "What the hell happened?"

Had a nice overnighterlast weekend with Alex and Lucy while Chris and Amy had an overnight getaway, dinner and breakfast - much better than his last year's birthday at Sister Kenny Rehab with pizza brought in. We again have much to be thankful for. When I asked Lucy where she got her cute dress she replies: "At Costco, I love Costco, I love shopping" - I told them not to give this girl a credit card - she is not yet 3!Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment