I love words! I'm reading "The Art of Pilgrimage" and in a section called The Art of Walking this quote from Saint Augustine: Solvitur ambulando. It is solved by walking. As you know I am a walker even in dead of winter so I walk a couple times a week at the huge Mall of America with a friend, 3-4 miles with nonstop talking at a rapid pace. We solve a lot of problems.
I love quotes: from the same book in a section called The Way of Serendipity (my mother-in-law's favorite word): Keeping to the main road is easy, but people love to be sidetracked. (Lao Tzu (6th century B.C.E) - this prompted me to ask Ross what BCE was - had to Google it - Before Common Era sometimes used instead of Before Christ (BC) if the wish is not to be in the Christian deal! Well, about an hour later I'm watching a PBS program on Parthenon and hear the same term!...have not heard it before today.
Time for photos: My Ladies' Mantel: Me at about age 2 (did not want my picture taken and continue just as stubborn at age 63!). My beautiful mother-in-law Dorothy and her sister Gennie (an opera singer in NYC). In between them my darling little Lucy in California looking Oh So Hollywood.
Just a reminder if you wish to enlarge click on photo - then if you need a closer look click to zoom.
Life darts from one thing to the next. Today I made a hotel reservation in Istanbul and then bought a booster seat for Lucy Jones - met Amy and Lucy for lunch and shopping today - Amy asked me how I liked putzing (another fun word) with Lucy. Definition of putz: To engage in useless or unproductive activity (hmmmmm...maybe, maybe not)Next house project starting tomorrow - the dreaded office buried in paper and junk - but I will not give up my wall maps of USA and part of the world (2 huge maps) which contain map pins of where we have been. The new cabinets will just need to be built around them.

No comments:
Post a Comment