Changed my blog color - there are a multitude of choices and when my nieces change theirs I try to keep up with them! This color is Lucy's favorite - "popo" - can't quite get her r's right yet.
Word of the day: Zungenwurst - a German delicacy which was served in my home growing up - HEADCHEESE - look it up. I'm sure I tasted it at some time but no thank you now!...not cheese but according to Wikipedia "meat jelly made with the flesh of the head of a calf or pig". As good Germans it was of course "waste not, want not" in our house.
Started poring over a book I got for Christmas "1,000 Places to See Before You Die" - got a long way to go.
The start of a new year is always a time of reflection and even more so this year. Chris and Amy found this plaque (now in full view in my kitchen) in Laguna Beach in November with Chris telling Amy "we need to get that for my Mom"!!!
My little basket of "me" - linen towel from Amy this year touting my "life is good" theme - a few years ago "Mother Knows Best" plaque and from Alex and Lucy for Christmas my new garden rock: Grandmas Give the Biggest Hugs. A moment of serendipity today as I entered the Container Store on my way to getting organized (fat chance!) who should be checking out but Alex and Lucy and their ma and pa - Lucy calling out Grammy Grammy Grammy - people looking around and me smiling like crazy! Life is indeed good. Amy has her 3 month MRI Monday and I know all will be well but I wish to remind everyone to continue prayers for her.
I love reading our church newsletter which now comes by email a couple times a month. Today's reflection was very nice: Lord, as the New Year dawns today help me to put my faults away. Let me be big in little things; grant me the joy which friendship brings. Keep me from selfishness and spite; let me be wise in what is right. A Happy New Year. Grant that I may bring no tear to any eye. When this New Year in time shall end let it be said I've played the friend, have lived and loved and labored here, and made of it a happy year. (Edward A. Guest)
Lastly, I was saddened to hear of the senseless shooting in Tucson today. It caught my attention as we will be visiting there next month and feel sorry for the victims and families and also the city which will probably now be thought of like Columbine and and Murrah Federal Building Oklahoma City bombing! LET US WISH FOR PEACE IN THIS COUNTRY AND WORLD!
No comments:
Post a Comment