Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Lilacs, May Day and Tomatoes!

The lilacs are blooming in my backyard. Each May Day I think about the year Chris and Amy got engaged in 1998 - Chris was in law school at UND and waiting for the reset Jones family diamond to arrive so he could get engaged. We were in Sorrento, Italy, and called him from a pay phone (with some difficulty getting it to work) - he was waiting for us to call him; he told us "The ring is here, I will get engaged tonight, I called Amy's mom last night and she was happy about it". My comment in my journal of that day was "We are delighted"! I was so excited I forgot to ask if Amy got a job offer. Hard to believe this was 12 years ago.
Have had several emails from my brothers: Kent says he maybe pulled a muscle in his leg but will still put the dock in at his cabin this weekend. I told him I had shoulder ache and couldn't reach behind my back - then I said "But I won't complain....there are lots of people who have it worse." - our mom's mantra anytime any one of us called after telling us what and where the pain was. This gave us the giggles. We have stepped up to the plate of the Schultz elders.
What do tomatoes have to do with this you ask??? Anyone who knows me well knows I am very thrifty and don't like to waste. I bought a Costco-size pack of tomatoes and we have a LOT to eat before we leave next week. Tonight Ross and I were eyeing each other's tomato plates to make sure they were "even" - lots of tomatoes!!!!..lots left to eat.
Still getting cards about my mom - one today said: You don't know me but I was a classmate and dear friend.......she always said "Enjoy what you have when you have it!" She loved dancing too. She will leave smiles and her little giggle with me always.
Stastny May Den - Czech for Happy May Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment