I hit the wall tonight! A bit of overload, too many life happenings in a short while, and tired! The picture below is a photograph that my cousin brought to my mom's house to show us - we think it is our great-great grandmother! I think I know how she feels:). I miss my mom - I thought of 2 or 3 things today that I would tell her when I next called and then realized I wouldn't. I am rereading the lovely notes friends wrote about my mom......and...... I'm watching the volcanic ash problem in Europe and wondering if Sara's mom Kathy and sister Carrie will be able to return home on the 20th. Brian (brother from California) returned home yesterday and it was lovely to have him here and look forward to a family vacation to California in November.
I have been trying to gather up old pictures on my computer to post fun stuff - don't worry, that will be coming - in the meantime today little Lucy developed a fever so Ross and I picked her up, waited until Amy returned to our house from therapy and took Lucy to the doctor - poor little thing just wanted to rock and be held - didn't matter that I had well over 100 thank you notes to write or beds with no sheets on them...priorities - so we held her and sang and she perked up.At the right time a friend dropped by delivering an ivy topiary that is beautiful and a much needed conversational diversion.
As for Amy - she is doing well and has made remarkable recoveries in the last week or so....not looking forward to the upcoming chemo and radiation but I'm hoping that she will have an easy time of it. Alex turned 5 on the 15th and we have his family birthday party tomorrow.
I would like you to look at the blogs of my nieces: Inspired Adventurer (Sara) and The Luckiest (Molly) for their personal tributes to my mom - lots of cute pictures on Molly's blog.

No comments:
Post a Comment