Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bit Hat/Little Guy!

Alex has started T-ball - he and Lucy spent the afternoon with us today and he never took off his Prior Lake baseball cap - He was so proud. Said "This shirt looks like a dress - it is long" - he is right - Chris looked exactly the same at 5 with t-ball uniform!! Deja Vu for sure. He told Amy and Chris he wanted to have lunch at our house because Grammy makes the best toast and jam - I think it is because I let him choose and discuss the jam and then scoop it out himself - often it is as thick as the bread. I am nobody's fool.
As for me, my friends continue to rally around. Had a nice outing last week with my last work group - it was great and much needed. Had a phone call today from my friend in California who was worried that she hadn't heard from me for a couple weeks; an email from a friend in Portland asking if we can get together next month for her annual visit - we sure can! I must always preface my response with the same thing: My plans may change at the last moment! - such is life.
Found this quote from Charlie Brown to Snoopy that sums up friendship: Are you upset little friend? Have you been lying awake worrying? The flood waters will recede, the famine will end, the sun will shine tomorrow, and I will always be there to take care of you.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. He look so cute in that uniform! Alex and his jams...what a goober!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote and the story about the jam and bread.

    ReplyDelete