Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Moms and Kids

I have had a lot to mull over in the last few weeks. Some sad, some happy. Happy is the picture of "My Two Moms" as Amy calls us. Notice that Kathy bought us matching shirts that say what else - Champs Elysees (Paris) where Kathy got robbed her first night with us in 2004 right outside the Louvre! - rest of the trip was great - see the good the bad!
Amy's followup MRI and doc appt are next week starting the day we arrive in Prague - her mom will be with her here and I know there will be nothing new - chemo and radiation will start soon after that but they say it is well tolerated but tiring. I have met many people at Sister Kenny who voice our thoughts: You never know what life will deal you. Amy and Lucy were having a conversation about angels watching over last night and Lucy says "Gamma Hazel watch Lucy" - I feel strongly that my mom is watching over all of us and in her frequent words "It will be ok".
Four Generations March 21, 2008 with Lucy just 2 weeks old.
My mom and her sister Madrienne - they called themselves the "Penguin Ladies"-see where my white hair comes from????


What's next? Soon leaving for Prague, Krakow and Vienna - we will need to use the Czech Koruna and Polish Zloty for currency - yikes - also am learning that much of Czech Republic and Poland info is still in Czech and Polish - no experience with that but I do have my trusty translator. Jak dostac sie do dworca kolejowego? - where is the train station - I do note that it ends in "we go" so that may help - could we just say "we go Vienna". ...or: Chci zmrzlinu = "I want ice cream" - hmmm - how would you pronounce that?
I also found out the Vienna Festival starts the day after we arrive - read somewhere tens of thousands of people - lots of music (outdoor/indoor), classical, opera, rock - big opening ceremony in the Rathausplatz (City Hall Plaza - not rat house!)...should be a life experience.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of Gram and you ladies! So sweet. I have a 4 generations pic (kind of) from lily's baptism.

    Love, Mini

    ReplyDelete