This is us today at the Savannah River - much like River Walk in Minneapolis but we DID NOT have snow today - in fact it is quite warm and humid - yesterday late we had a little rain to bring the temperature from 89 to 73! I loved this fountain ornament in Forsyth Park - there are flags everywhere and I'm not exactly sure how this got there as there is a wrought iron fence.
SOOO for the title - Haints is the paint, chiggers - got the bites at Boone Hall plantation - later found out that the beautiful Spanish Moss all over that falls from the trees in cute little bundles has Chiggers - turns out in the very olden days people used this to make mattresses hence the phrase "Don't let the bedbugs bite" - they were really chiggers.
What else did I learn? Last night ate out at a very nice restaurant called Noble Fare - I had a starter of Pork cheeks with goat cheese risotto - Ross thinks it's butt cheeks and I think it is mouth cheeks - Ross says pigs have snouts not cheeks! It really was delicious. Have also had she-crab soup. Today we drove out to Tybee Island and it much reminded me of Key West - I can see why this area is called "Low Country" as there are signs that say at high tide the water may cover the road - it is very much like driving through the Florida Keys - we even saw a baby alligator in Charleston.

I would live in that blue house.
ReplyDelete